Acer Laptops having 3 types of connections and getting connected with the Internet. For detailed information is written below. You can connect your laptop to the Internet through Cable, Wi-Fi connection.if you have a wireless router or laptop supported SIM card. The producer is a little bit different depending on your OS such as Windows 10, 7, Vista, or XP.
Internet connecting with a cable
The built-in internet cable port makes it easy for you to connect the Acer laptop with the Internet through cable.
But first, an Internet Service Provider (ISP), the broadband service provider company will have to go to your home or office to set up. The ISP will install a small box (router) that will allow you to connect to the Internet.
Once your router is set up, all you have to do is plug one end of a network cable into the network port on your Acer laptop, and the other end into a port on your router. Then, you’ll be ready to get online.
Connecting wirelessly (WiFi)
A wireless LAN (or WLAN or Wifi) is a wireless local area network, which can link two or more computers. Once connected to Wifi, you can access the Internet without using any wires. You can also transfer files to other devices even your Internet connection itself.
Your laptop wireless connection is turned on by default and Windows 10 will detect and display a list of available networks during setup. Find your network and enter the password if required.
Acer aspires notebook features an Airplane mode hotkey which turns on/off laptop network connection. The other best feature is network management options that very helpful for wireless network turns on/off and control what is shared over the network. On the bottom left search option, start typing ’wireless’ then click on Change Wi-Fi settings or Connect to a network. Otherwise, open an Internet browser and follow the instructions.
- Ensure you have a wireless device (router) access point and current internet connection through the ISP of your choice. Note your wireless network’s name and password (if necessary). If you are trying to connect to a public network (such as at a coffee shop), make sure you have the wireless network’s name.
- In the bottom right-hand corner icon tray of the screen, click on the Notifications icon to open the Notifications pane.
- Select All settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- You will see a list of available wireless networks. Select the one you wish to use.
- Once you select a wireless network, select Connect.
- If required, enter the network’s password.
Connecting to a 3G network
If your Acer laptop has a SIM slot, you can connect to the Internet using a 3G, 4G, 5G (cellular phone) network. To do this, you must have a compatible SIM card and a data contract with your SIM card provider. Contact your SIM provider for more information on connecting to the internet using a mobile network.